Otatara Community Group Inc
Meet the Candidate evening for ICC & ES local body elections. Thur 15 Sep 2016, 7pm Otatara Community Hall (by the school). Details on our FaceBook page.
Check out our calendar or upcoming events for activities including the Landcare Group.
The Otatara Community Group Inc was formed in 2008 in response to a significant event affecting the Otatara community and since then has been incorporated with the objectives of:
- Stimulating interest in all affairs in the community
- Providing opportunity for discussion of common matters of interest to the community
- Advocate on behalf of members on common matters of interest.
We care about the preservation of Otatara and the significantly different lifestyle it offers to living in the city. We do this by addressing topics such as road safety, development, infrastructure and working with other Otatara groups such as the Otatara Landcare Group Inc in the preservation of bush and bird life as well as the local bodies.
However for the Group to be a truly representative voice for the area, all residents and ratepayers of Otatara are encouraged to become members, and to participate in and contribute to the meetings and activities undertaken. This can be done by simply registering on the site (panel to the left), paying our modest membership fee and attending our meetings; dates can be found
- Help retain the special nature of the Otatara area and community
- Receive an email newsletter with information on plans that affect Otatara
- Be informed about the activities of the Group
- Have access to and input into submissions and applications lodged by the Group
- Be able to participate at committee meetings and have your say
- Meet and get to know others in the Otatara Community
- Becoming a member is only $10 per household, for current year.
OTATARA COMMUNITY GROUP INC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
Frank Dean (Chair), Laurie Officer (Vice Chair), Christine Webby (Secretary), Glenda Graham (Treasurer)
Committee: Graeme Webby, Graeme Childs, Jane Bowen & David Whelan